Sunday, January 1, 2023

Million Dollar Idea...


 Last winter while shoveling snow, my earphone popped out of my ear. The earphone dropped into the shoveled snow and was gone...

It didn't help the earphone was white.

I actually had to wait a week or so until the snow melted so I could find it.

I was bummed, but in hindsight, even if I hadn't found it, I wasn't out much--they were on the cheap end of the earphone spectrum. Because they popped out of my ears so much, I decided to replace them. This time, I spent a little more money and bought some official Apple audio products. For me, they work great, so much so, I don't want the same thing to happen to my new pair as did my last.

This winter is turning out to be more snow-filled than last winter so I'm worried about losing an airpod. Last week I had an idea and I wondered it if would work. Turns out, it did. I stuck the airpods into my Chums eyeglass retainer.

There are products out there that do just that, airpod straps, but the what's great about using Chums is when you're done using them to make sure you don't lose your earphones, you can put them back on your eyeglasses. It's one item that can be used two ways!

Genius.

There is one thing I have not tested. I have no idea if you'll be able to use them for phone calls. I'm afraid the airpods will have too much surrounding them to be useful. Still, you can listen all you want and not be afraid to have one (or both...) fall from your ears and into a huge pile of snow.

In all honesty, this idea will probably not generate millions of dollars, but you never know. If the Chums people ever get a hold of this, maybe they can do a little marketing. I suppose time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment