Saturday, January 28, 2023

Superplow--An INCREDIBLE Product...Unfortunately, Not For Us


 For the past two winters, my family has had a side gig...snow removal. Last year - not a big deal. I think we were called out four times...

This year, however, we've already got that beat and we're not even into February.

Because this year has been so tough, our family has discussed options for next year. We've decided we've got to get some help...some mechanical help, if we want to continue the gig. Not only are my wife and I getting older, but the neighborhood, in which we've been hired to remove show, is growing. We could have an 20% increase in homes by next winter. We can't keep up with what we're currently doing.

So, I took to the internet and checked out some plows for sale. That's when I happened upon an incredible product, an amazingly wonderful product called the Superplow.

Basically, this thing hooks up to any trailer hitch and you pull the show from behind. I asked several questions to the seller...is my little Subaru powerful enough to use this? Is it okay to pull snow into the street and what do you do with it afterwards? Is there a lot of parts that can break down?

The seller answered them all. He even allowed us to hook it up, take it home, and try it out, which we gladly did. We drove home--it was weird having a 200-400 lb plow hanging on the back of my car. When we got it home, it was obvious we could not use it on our own driveway because my car is so low. Had we a 4x4 truck, it would be no problem. We then went to the neighborhood and tested it out on two driveways. The thing was amazing. I was a little worried about my car handling the snow, but it did okay. But, unless we bought another vehicle to use the Superplow, we'd not be able to use it on 1/3 to 1/2 of the driveways. 

This morning, after weighing the pros and cons, and discussing it with the family, we decided it's not for us. We're taking it back tomorrow. 

We're not sure what the future will hold for us. For the price of the Superplow, there are some quads with plows that we might look into--we're not quite sure. I don't know who invented the Superplow, but I think they did a great job. So much so, I'm surprised there aren't more of them out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment