Monday, January 30, 2023

R.I.P. Dirt...The Cat


 I've written often on the pros and cons of social media. Sure, there are many things that, once seen, can make a sane person turn off their computer forever. But, every once in a while, a story appears that makes a sane person grateful for the apps and blogs and websites and stories.

Case in point, Dirt, the cat.

I have a friend who loves trains. I think there is no place he'd rather be than on them, near then, taking pictures of them, or writing about them. Though we probably haven't seen each other in decades, I follow him on social media...I love his passion for trains. Because of that, I found out about Dirt, the mascot of the Nevada Northern Railroad Museum in Ely, Nevada.

You can read all about Dirt by clicking: HERE. The page has a link to the feline's obituary. 

You may not be interested in trains, railroad museums, or cats, but if you take a minute or two, you'll read of an extraordinary cat, one that did not like people, but became an icon anyway. I loved the story. I think mostly because I believe there's a little bit of Dirt in all of us.

Thanks, Thomas for pointing me in the direction of an amazing story. I wish I could have met Dirt in person, and even though he'd probably not be in a hurry to meet me, I would have felt the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment