Friday, January 27, 2023

The Good News - My Game Is Back...The Bad News - My Game Is Back


 I don't play many video games, a few...basically three. It used to be two, but then one of them went away. It went away on my phone, anyway.

Bummer.

The game that is no longer available on iPhones is called Jet Ball 2. It's been years since I played it. I used to have it on an older iPhone until I installed the latest update, then the game was just an icon representing broken dreams that mocked me whenever I saw it. Eventually, I deleted the icon from my phone realizing the game would most likely never return.

I don't know how, but a few months ago I found out the game still exists, just not on the iPhone. You can download the game on Android. I came across a LG tablet my sister-in-law gave to the family. I charged the tablet and downloaded the game.

Success!

That was the good news, but also the bad news. Good that I got it back, but bad, because it's another excuse to not to do things I ought to do, like read a book or write a book or clean the house. No, the net negative outweighs the net positive of having that game available to me.

One positive in all this, the game is glitchy on the tablet--no where near as smooth as it played on my phone, so there's that. Still, I should really cut back on all the games. Maybe that big EMP will kill all these devices (and the games...) after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment