Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Remembering Winter Storm Gandalf...Ten Years Later


 A memory popped up on my Facebook feed this morning. Interestingly enough it centered on something I posted exactly ten years ago today...

Pictures of lots and lots of snow.

This winter we've been experiencing a lot of storms, as have others. I've seen many people comment on it, as if they've forgotten that there were times when we would get a lot of snow in the winter. The last couple of years we've somehow forgotten that, being in a drought and all. Looking at those pictures, it reminded me of that storm--it was even named, Winter Storm Gandalf. I found a link on it from the Weather Channel. You can access the link: HERE.

This morning we shoveled the neighborhood driveways again. That's the fifth time this winter, one more than last year. And, we're expecting more snow over the weekend. I don't know if we'll be called out again, but it's a possibility.

I remember that storm a decade ago. I remember shoveling out neighbors who were stuck in the cul-de-sac. It was fun looking at the old neighborhood, seeing friends. I don't remember being sore from all that shoveling, but I'm sure I was. I know this because I'm sore today. Of course, I was younger then...still, lots of snow translates to lots of snow removal.

Remembering Winter Storm Gandalf. It was a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment