Saturday, January 14, 2023

Three Mornings...Three Pictures


 Three mornings...three pictures.

Three different pictures.

This time of year I'm fortunate enough to be awake when the sun rises above a mountain range in the east. This also happens six months from now. To say I'm fortunate enough is somewhat misleading. If I wanted, I could get up every morning and check out the eastern skyline, but I choose to sleep in occasionally. 

Looks like I'm missing out.

These last three days, however, I've been able to capture three sunrises. These are not the most spectacular sunrises we've seen in our short time up here, but they are interesting.

I've mentioned before that where we used to live, we rarely saw sunrises. I mean, they were there, but we lived close to the mountain and there just wasn't enough sky. Now, we're about twenty miles from the mountain range so we're able to see those incredible sunrises.

When I'm working, I open the blinds and let nature paint me a picture. Not all of them are good, but they're all unique. Something about sunrises and sunsets. It's as if they're created just for the person looking...all they have to do is look.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I have early church. By the time I'm up and ready, it might be too late to catch the sunrise, or there may not even be one with any color. Still, I'll bet somewhere someone will be up and able to look east, to see the sun rise above the mountains. And I'll bet that person will feel like the sunrise was created just for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment