Thursday, January 12, 2023

Shopping By Text Message...A Way Of Life For Husbands Everywhere


 These are two pictures I've used lately while grocery shopping, only two examples of how I have successfully completed a grocery shopping errand.

Yeah, I know...

Pretty pathetic.

I should know what I'm supposed to be buying. Those tortilla for example. We've only purchased that one brand for probably a decade. I saw it, threw one in the cart, but decided to pick it up and snap a quick picture of the package and texted my wife just to be sure.

I did the same thing with the chips...

Just to be sure.

For both instances, I punted. I relied on the expertise of an expert--my wife. I know it's not politically correct, but my wife has chosen those items (and thousands of others...) since we've been married over thirty years ago. And because I am not the primary shopper/chooser in the household, I wanted to make sure my choices were right before I bought them and brought them home.

I saw something years ago that showed a "Shopping List for Husbands." It was just a bunch of photos of the things the husband was to buy. It was supposed to be funny, but...

I thought it was genius.

Perhaps not all husbands resort to this method of shopping, but I know I do, and I don't see me stopping anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment