Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Time To Try Something New...


I got the call around 11am this morning. I have gotten so many calls before where the person on the other end of the phone is very nice as they tell me that I was not chosen for a position for which I had applied. When I got the call this morning and the gal began to say that they had interviewed a lot of people, I thought, "Here we go again..."

But, no...here we did not go again.

For the first time in a long time I was chosen for a new position. I'm going to be part of a team preparing our department's computer system  to accommodate Obamacare. I have no idea what I'm in for, but it's time for a change.

My new boss said that they needed me on Monday. That was a shocker. I don't work Fridays (or, I didn't used work Fridays...) so tomorrow's going to be my last day at my old job. The call was exciting to get, but the immediacy of the start date made it weird.

Like anything, I'm going to miss my friends where I now work. I'm moving back to a building where I worked for over 10 years with a longer commute and a whole host of surprises. I think maybe the "weird-ness" has only just begun.

1 comment:

  1. Happy for you. Change is good, makes one grow as the new position is learned.

    ReplyDelete