Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hot Shots With The Kids...


Tonight some in the neighborhood gathered at the church for an activity. Hot Shots. It's kind of a tradition and everyone seems to have a good time participating. We had two of the kids there and so was I with my camera.


The point is to have a child and their parents shoot a basketball, the kids shoot from several predetermined spots on the court. They have one minute to shoot and the parents rebound the ball. After a minute is up, it's the parent's turn to shoot (they only get 20 seconds...). Points are added up and after a couple of rounds, winners are announced.



My son went first and he did a great job, considering he possesses my lack of a genetic basketball advantage. We had a basketball hoop set up at our house but the city made us take it down. They hardly ever practice shooting a basketball.


Next came my daughter and I didn't get any shots of her shooting because I was rebounding (and then shooting...). We ended up having a really good time.



One neighbor asked me if he was going to make today's blog post. "You never know," I said...


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Junior Jazz "FunShot" competition (http://basketballcal.blogspot.com/2012/03/junior-jazz-fun-shot-competition.html)

    MY boys would totally trash either of their parents... even right now my Callahan would and his foot is broken. We have TWO big hoops outside, and a small one, and two inside the house. The Blackham boys are basketballers!

    BTW ... we missed the Funshot competition this year. So sad. Callahan out with a broken foot and Keaton down with the flu.

    ReplyDelete