Thursday, March 7, 2013

My First Geocache Find...


I've heard of geocaching and there are times, once or twice, when I actually thought about giving the hobby a try. Today I found my first ever geocaching cache. And I wasn't even looking for it.


After I got home from work I picked up my son from scouts. He was walking back from a field trip. While I waited I took out my phone and snapped a couple of pictures to see if one could earn the coveted "Pic Of The Day" status. None did, but when I looked down at a fence line I noticed a small metal object. 


Being naturally curious, I opened up the capsule and found a small piece of paper. I began to unwrap it and saw small dates registered on the paper. I knew I had found a cache. It's like finding a needle in a haystack without looking for the needle. You can find look at the geocache clue yourself: HERE.


I came home and looked it up on-line. It took only a few searches before I found the right clues. I guess it's easier once you know the answer to find the question (just ask Ken Jennings...). Will I ever do a geocache search? Maybe. This one was kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment