Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Back On The Bus...A Good Break


Today was a day of breaks, and not necessarily bad ones. The first break came when I was able to sleep in until 6:30am--an extra hour for me. Everyone knows the hour before you get up is the best hour of sleep you're going to get. Don't believe me? I present the snooze button as Exhibit #1. If sleep after the alarm rings isn't that great then why do people hit the snooze so often?

Another break--Wednesdays is the one day of the week that my new show "The Rainmaker" is not performed. This is a good/bad break--good because if I had done the show today, all the other breaks wouldn't have happened, and bad because I don't get to do the show. The show's a ton of fun.

Another good break is that I got to take the bus to and from work. And because some very nice people did the driving I got to read, something I haven't been able to do on my commute yet this week. There are plenty of good reasons to take the bus to work (that is, if you don't need a car while you are at work--luckily for me, I don't...). About a year ago I decided not to listen to audiobooks while on my morning and afternoon commutes on the bus and to read instead. 

I'm so glad I made that decision!

Since I began reading on the bus, I've finished SO many books. I admit that sometimes on the trip home, I mix reading with dozing, but thankfully, I read more than I doze. My current book: John Brown's Servant of a Dark God. Great read so far.

Yes, at least for the summer, Wednesdays and days I'm not doing the Lagoon show will be days of good breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment