Sunday, June 21, 2015

Today I watched "Godzilla" Without Seeing A Lot Of It...


I got an e-mail yesterday saying that for this weekend, I could watch HBO and Cinemax on my computer for free!

Great! I thought.

Until I decided to watch a movie I've wanted to watch for a long time, Godzilla in a sunny room.

I probably should have picked a different movie.

I should say that what I actually saw, I really liked. A large portion of the film's beginning and pretty much all of the ending were so dark that I had to rely on the audio (and closed captions...) to get me from an almost solid black frame to something with light in it.


I'm sure the final fight scene between the giant monsters had some cool visuals, but I only saw the ones where they had close ups of the stars, when they showed huge explosions or when Godzilla breathed his awesome blue death breath and disposed of the hellish beast (sorry for the spoiler...). I saw those scenes and liked them a lot.

If I wait a few months, or maybe sometime next year, I'll be able to watch the show again, this time on a non-HBO channel. I'm pretty sure the rest of the movie--the parts I couldn't see--are really cool, too.

But now that I think about it, maybe that's why the show was free... Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment