Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Sitting In The Open Air...


I walked passed a restaurant with an open-air section. It was close to the hottest time of the day. I thought it would be crazy for someone to be outside on a day like today.

I was wrong.

There was one person enjoying the heat, at least, I think she was enjoying the heat. I've written a couple of times about people who love the heat. "The hotter the better," seems to be their motto. I just don't know how they do it. They must have some altered D.N.A. or something.

Yesterday I did a show, dressed as a turn-of-the-century snake oil salesman in 100+ degree heat. After the shows I felt a little nauseous and I think I might have suffered a mild case of heat stroke. I'm no doctor so I don't know for sure. All I know is it was so blasted hot. How in the world can people want it to be hotter?

I didn't get a good look at the woman sitting out in the open-air, but she looked content. Well, as far as I could tell. I'm sure there were many places to sit inside the air-conditioned restaurant. But that's the thing about people who love the heat. It's something they choose.

Then again, maybe they don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment