Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I Made The Ogden Standard Examiner...Again!


The other day a friend of mine, who happens to be a sports reporter for the Ogden Standard Examiner newspaper, posed a question in Facebook. The question centered on experiences we'd had getting autographs from famous sports figures. There were many great stories, and I remembered I had a couple myself.

So I responded.

The next thing I know, I get a call from this friend asking me more about my story. He was writing something for his column and asked if I help out. The result is the story you can read: HERE. It's a great story--I recommend you check it out.

I told him of the book on baseball I bought at the Deseret Industries for $3. I blogged about it years ago (and you can access that blog post: HERE) and I hadn't thought about that book in years, not until my friend's Facebook question.


I sent him some pictures of the book and the signatures. I wasn't sure if he was going to use my story, but this afternoon I received a notice that he had indeed used my story.

I've had my name in the Ogden Standard Examiner a couple of times and, thankfully, each time it's been because of something positive, of which I am very glad--this time included. Thanks Brandon for for the story! Glad I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment