Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July, 2015...Almost Perfect!


I can't tell you what an amazing month we've had, weather-wise. It wasn't perfect; perfect would have included more rain, but it was as close to my definition of what perfect summer weather is.

I know, I know...I can hear some of you saying to yourself (or saying out loud...) that the month we've had has been anything but perfect. Some hate summer temperatures highs in the 80s or even the 70s as terrible, just terrible. I know you love temperatures as hot as possible. 110 degrees...that's where it starts to get good.

I know some of you think this way because of what I've heard you say and read what you've written in your social media posts. You complain about how life is terrible if it's not hot enough to kill a human being if they're outside for more than a half hour. They cry tears that, were it as hot as they prefer, would evaporate before they hit the ground if the weather doesn't do what they want.


But this past month has been glorious! I could be wrong, but I don't believe it's hit 100 degrees fahrenheit once this month--even 90s have been rare. If you look at the two pictures of the thermometer in my car I took yesterday, you'll see what temperature it was at 6:30am and the temperature when I drove my car home after sitting in a shade-less parking lot the entire day. You'll also know the round-trip distance from my house to the bus stop parking lot is 2.5 miles.


But that's another story.

Yes, yesterday was incredible. Today was also nice, but it's getting warmer, and tomorrow we're to be back in the 90s. And because this has been such a crazy summer--100 degree days in June and a record cool July--who knows what August will be? Even if we have a record hot August, I'll always be able to look back on the month of July during the summer of 2015 and be able to say that it was as close to a perfect summer month as I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment