Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Can I Promote My Facebook Author Page Better Than Facebook?


A few weeks ago my Facebook Home Page looked a little different. In the upper right-hand corner was a new box. It had my Facebook Author Page information.

Not that I really wanted to know.

A few years ago I created a Facebook Author Page and you can access the page: HERE. Once I had the page up and running, I notified the world about the page on my blog. Since then my author accomplishments have come, but they haven't been stellar. I've had three short stories published and I released my own book of short stories. I've also been a panelist on several conventions and symposiums, which I've enjoyed doing, but I haven't felt like promoting these accomplishments on my Facebook Author Page.



Why haven't I done more self-promotion? Maybe it's because most of the time, I don't feel like an author. I spent most of the last year and a half involved in one theatrical production after another. It didn't leave much time for writing. And because I participated in so many conventions, it felt strange to always be plugging myself as a panelist at this event or that event (even though it felt strange, I still did it on my blog...).

So when I see how many Facebook friends I have and how few Facebook Author Page likes I have, I decided to check out the promotions that Facebook says they can do. I didn't do a lot of checking because the truth of the matter is, all Facebook promotions means is that I must pay.

I'm seeing if I can promote my Facebook Author Page better than they can. I can definitely do it cheaper (except for my time, of course...). I might even try one of those "Select All" invite code tricks that are out there. Either way, if you're one of my Facebook friends, you'll probably get an invite to "Like" my author page. If you want to, go ahead and "Like" it. If not, no worries.


No comments:

Post a Comment