Sunday, July 12, 2015

I Sure Do Miss The Fireworks At Lagoon...


Last night our town's yearly celebration, Festival Days (formally Festival Days...) came to a close. And they finished in style with music and fireworks. As our family watched from a couple of miles away, I thought back on all the times we used to watch the fireworks from Lagoon Amusement Park.


I sure do miss those fireworks.

When we heard the first booms echoing off the mountains to the east, I almost left my camera inside. but, the draw that I might get a fantastic shot or two of the show proved stronger. I didn't get very many good shots. I mean, I like them, but they're not all that great.


The smoke from last night's fireworks drifted north and hovered over Lagoon where once hundreds of rockets took flight and delighted patrons and drivers on I-15 alike. But years ago the powers that be at Utah's largest amusement park decided to cease the aerial entertainment. Even though I've been disappointed there's no more Lagoon fireworks ever since, I can understand why the decision was made.


But I tell you this, if I ever get to the point where I have the resources and money is no object, I would gladly pay for fireworks displays to be launched over Lagoon on Memorial Day, Independence Day, Pioneer Day and Labor Day. However, if that never happens, fireworks from Lagoon will forever live in my memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment