Monday, August 29, 2016

Just Bought A Book...Eve Nicholson's "The Tripartite Soul!"


We got the news a few months ago--our friend Eve Nicholson published her book, The Tripartite Soul. You can pick up your own copy: HERE. We bought it, or I should say, my wife bought it. And what I mean by that is, technically we bought it, but it ended up on my wife's Kindle.

I thought, "no big deal--I'll just read it when I get a chance...you know, like on Sundays when I have access to her Kindle."

The problem was, I never picked it up and began reading. So today I decided to buy my own copy and download it on my own device.

Eve has been best friends with my wife forever. And if they lived closer, I would like to think the Taylors and the Nicholsons would party more than the once-per-decade schedule we've been keeping. Maybe one day we'll rectify that issue, but as our kids grow and need some stability in their lives, living far apart will just have to do.

Personally, I'm very excited to start reading this book. I've got a crazy week coming up, but I'm hoping life calms down in September (I really hate typing this because of the "jinx factor" that's naturally built in when one says such things...). Oh well--I'll risk it.

Completing a novel is tough. I've been trying to crank out a presentable one for many years. It is no small task. I mean, the hours just getting the words down is tough, not to mention the bouts of soul-crushing doubt and feelings of inadequacy. I don't know an author who hasn't at one time or another, believes he or she is a complete fraud.

But I digress. Congratulations Eve on your amazing accomplishment! I look forward to getting lost in your words.

1 comment:

  1. YEA!!!!
    Thanks, Scotty! I hope you love it. You hit that whole 'bouts of soul crushing doubt and feelings of inadequacy' right on the head. But it sure is nice when someone enjoys your work. I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete