Tuesday, August 23, 2016

My Trip To Provo...With Yodeling


About twice a year the team I'm on at work meets with another team to discuss work, places to improve, and other work-related stuff. Today we held that meeting and we traveled to Provo, Utah to do it.

For those of you unfamiliar with Provo, it's on the southern end of a one-hundred or so mile area that constitutes the most populated area in the state. It's famous for many things--the most Republican county in the nation, and it's home of Brigham Young University. Perhaps you've heard of it.

Provo gets a bad wrap, especially from certain people living north, south, east, and west of the city. It's an easy target, actually--because it is a different place to live. It's got some of the most spectacular scenery in the nation and some of the nicest people you will ever meet live within its city limits.


At work we had the first half of our meeting then broke for lunch. I called a friend, Dave, and we went for Indian food. We talked shop (writing and publishing) and it was great just hanging out with him.

In the second half of our meeting I learned that it was my previous boss's birthday (happy 51, Darren!) and that my current boss can yodel. That's right--yodel! In fact, he's very good. He says he doesn't do social media so I'm hoping he doesn't find out I'm adding this. But I want to because I think it's excellent.


After the meeting we boarded our train. It brought us from Central Utah County to home. Yes, I spent the day in Provo. And even though I'm one of the ones who knock it from time to time, it's really a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment