Thursday, August 25, 2016

Salt Lake Comic Con 2016...Navigating Critique Groups: Getting the Most out of Your Writing Panel


I received word that I will be part of another panel at this year's Salt Lake Comic Con. It's a great panel, especially if you're a writer! 

It's a panel on writing groups.

How cool is that?

The answer--pretty cool!

Here's who else was invited to be on the panel:

M. Todd Gallowglas
LJ Hachmeister
Lehua Parker
Aaron Michael Ritchey
E.B. Wheeler

I know Todd, Lahua, and Aaron. The others I'm excited to meet and discuss the topic.

Being part of a good writing group is like having a set of excellent knives if you're a chef. You can get by with substandard knives, but the right equipment helps so much. Being a part of a successful and effective writing group is invaluable to your writing success, at least, that's how I look at it.


This week alone I went to one writing group last night and another tonight. In the next week I'll try and get a hold of these authors and collaborate a little so that the experience will be the best possible for the guests.

So if you're going to this year's SLCC, after the Mark Hamill panel, head on back to the Salt Palace and find us in Room 150G from 1pm to 2pm on Thursday, September 1. We'd love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment