Friday, May 19, 2017

I Found What I Want For My Birthday...


I knew these things existed, but I'd never seen one up close, let alone held one in my hand. That changed today when I picked up, turned on, and checked out the Osmo Mobile Gimbal Stabilizer from DJI.

The thing rocks! To quote Ralphie, it was "...as cool and deadly a piece of weaponry as I had ever laid eyes on."


If you've followed this blog much, you know I dabble in photography, which includes shooting video. I've been fascinated by the improvements in camera technology just in the past decade. And since smartphone cameras are finally getting the respect they deserve, we're now seeing products that reflect that change. The Osmo stabilizer is one such product.

It adjusts to fit different phones and when accessing the DJI GO app, you can do other things, even customizing what it can do. 


Of course, with all cool stuff, the technology isn't cheap, so I won't be casually picking one up any time soon. I wish I had a way to make money with it so I could justify the cost. And, to be honest, I don't really expect anyone to casually pick one of these up for me for my birthday. I don't travel in those circles. Who knows? Maybe one day I will be able to casually enter my local Apple Store and tell the Mac Expert that I'd like to purchase the cool item in the big box. It could happen.


Apologies for the somewhat amateur shooting. It was my first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment