Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Is There...A Subway Way?


"So," I said to my daughter as I picked her up from one organized activity so she could attend a second. "What do you want to eat for dinner?" We had about 25 minutes until her call time and we were headed into an area chuck full of eateries, many of which are considered "fast food" establishments.

"I'd love to go to Subway, but that's expensive," she said.

It is, but I thought about the request. My daughter has two more performances until this production ends and I thought, why not?

"Let's go to Subway," I said.

"Really?"

"Yup."


Subway...I don't know how you feel about the place, but I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I really enjoy their food. If I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life, for me, it would be sandwiches. We used to go there a lot, but as the kids have grown (along with their appetites and their ability to eat more...), eating there for the family has gotten pricy. 

Then, there's the manner in which the sandwiches are constructed. You might call it "a labor of love" for either the worker or the patron. At the Subway we visited tonight, they were a little on the slow side. It didn't help that those in front of us had multiple orders, each order varying in its complexity.


I should have known going in that it would take a while--it usually does. And usually, I have plenty of time to wait for the food. This time, even though I wasn't in a huge hurry, I still tapped my toe and checked my phone more than usual.

It's good to have a corporate identity. It brings a sense of normalcy to those who like to visit. Of course, you want to have a good corporate identity. Does Subway have a way, and if so, what is it? To us tonight, it was the meal my daughter wanted that was hopefully worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment