Friday, October 20, 2017

Congratulations Betsy!


The other day at our Christmas show rehearsal I sat next to my friend Betsy. We were not in that particular scene so we were both on our phones (and no, Jim, we didn't have all our lines, choreography and blocking down cold--I apologize...). Casually, she showed me her phone.

"Look," she said and I saw an announcement for the 2017 KSL Voter's Choice winners. "I won."

She explained that she had won Best Wedding Gown in KSL's contest. If you know Betsy at all, it really came as no surprise.

I first me Betsy when we did Beauty and the Beast at Rodger's Memorial Theatre in the mid-2000s. We got to know each other a little. A lot of time passed before we did another show together. I've always enjoyed her spirit--she's fun, but fierce, and she's a woman that would do anything for her family.

When I first met Betsy, I didn't know she made wedding gowns. I asked her about it a few years ago. Back when we first met, she didn't make wedding dresses, at least that's how I remember the conversation going. She went from not making them to being one of the best around.

Having done several shows in the past almost twenty years, you meet a lot of people. The theater community isn't very big in reality. You'll see them at auditions--some you just did a show with a few months ago, others you haven't seen in years. Betsy's the kind of person that when you see her at auditions, or at a first cast meeting, you know the show's automatically going to be better because she's in it.

If you're not familiar with Betsy's work, you can go to her website: HERE, or you can check out her Facebook site: HERE. If you're in the market for a beautiful dress, or even if you're not and you just want to check out incredible works of art, you'll find something wonderful that she's made.

No, it doesn't surprise me she won. It's what she's been doing all her life. And I'm proud to call her my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment