Sunday, October 29, 2017

Power Tools And Pumpkin Carving...


My wife saw something the other day on the internet--a new way to help carve a pumpkin.

I'm sure it's not revolutionary, but it was new to us.


I imagine people have been carving out pumpkins as long as there have been humans and pumpkins. Though, I'm sure our forefathers would think us crazy to hollow out the inside of a perfectly good gourd and basically not use what's inside. My guess would be that in olden days they used the entire pumpkin, both the inside and the outside. Even though we bake the pumpkin seeds from our Halloween jack-o-lanterns, we throw most of what's inside away.

My Wife saw someone using a power drill to help get rid of what's inside the pumpkin. We decided to try it. For her, scooping out the insides is one of the things she dislikes about carving pumpkins. 

We tried it and the verdict--


Basically, it helped. It didn't change our lives, or make the process effortless, but it did help. I spent much less time getting all the insides out. Next year I'm sure we'll hook up a blender beater to our cordless drill and go to town. And if you think it would help you, give it a try!


1 comment:

  1. I sometimes use a jig saw to carve pumpkins, and I used a scroll saw and blow torch while building a gingerbread house once. Good tools make light work. :)

    ReplyDelete