Sunday, October 15, 2017

Thank You DeLille Cellars Winery...For The Excellent Service!


Last month my family attending a wedding in Washington State. My nephew married his beautiful bride and we were invited to the event. They chose an incredible location, the DeLille Cellars Winery in Woodinville, Washington. We first attended the wedding, but it was reception where the winery shined, at least for me.

First, I should say, this has nothing to do with the product the winery sells. Even though alcohol was available to the guests, my family did not partake. So how did this company impress me so much while we spent time on their grounds?

Good question.

After the ceremony we all retreated to tables and waited for dinner. Because my nephew and his family wanted their guests to have as good a time as possible, they asked weeks beforehand what we wanted to eat. We responded and let them know what we wanted to eat. At the dinner, our table was on the periphery so we were served later. That's when our wonderful server bent close to my ear and admitted that my youngest's son's meal went to a different guest, a little girl at another table. She apologized more than once.

We broke the news to my son. He was understanding, but a little bummed. I can understand. He was one of the youngest people there. If it was me, I'd certainly feel a little out of place, barely a teenager at such an adult event. My son was given a different meal, one he would not have chosen on his own, but it was what they had.

He tried his food--it didn't suit him, but he gave it a go. The server noticed he was a little down so she did something she didn't need to do. She went and got him food similar to what he ordered. I don't know where she got it, but she did. When the meal was presented to him, his face lit up and he enjoyed his food the same as the rest of us. By the way, my steak was so, so, so delicious!

What our server did impressed me very much. She noticed the youngest at the table and made sure his experience was as good as possible. She made the night special for my son, which made it special for me. I can't remember her name, but she served us at Abe and Stephanie's wedding back in September. Thank you for the excellent service!

No comments:

Post a Comment