Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Slice 'O Life...A Train Ride Home


I closed my book--with only a few minutes until my stop, why start a new chapter? That's when I looked up and noticed the view through the small window in the door connecting our train car to the car behind. I watched as the car behind bobbed and bounced as if it weren't attached to ours at all.

I travel only two stops from where I board. This leaves me only time to read a chapter or two in a book, hardly time to fire up the computer, connect to the wi-fi, or do much else. Sometime I wish I lived farther away so I could enjoy the trip more. Of course, that wish is fleeting and short-lived.


The train car continues to jump and weave in the small window as we near my stop. I pull out my phone and snap a few pictures. In the corner of my eye I notice two men sitting across the aisle. I more sense their reaction than see it. They wonder why I would take a picture of half of a train car in transit. I don't know exactly myself, other than what I'm watching teases my mind in a somewhat creative way. I understand the men wondering why I'm taking pictures of nothing worthy of one picture, let alone three. We live in a world worthy of suspicion...sometimes.

As I step from the train after it arrives at my stop, my work week is half over. In two days I'll have an even longer weekend than normal--always something to look forward to. I don't always take the train. I don't always take pictures of that train while taking the train. But I did today. And I blogged about the small slice of life event of me and my fellow commuters sitting, not speaking to each other as we all traveled home.

No comments:

Post a Comment