Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Little Piece Of Plastic...That I Was So Excited To Get


A few days ago I chose for my "Pic Of The Day" a picture of a small piece of plastic and metal. I included with the picture the caption that I was SO excited to get this particular piece. I know it didn't make much sense--I got a few likes and a comment on the picture ion my Facebook page. Since it was confusing, I thought I'd explain a little bit.

I've blogged about a new project I'm working at Lagoon's Frightmares this fall. It's called Seance and I act as a guide for the show. On the first day I attended rehearsals, the show's creator, Joey, gave me a piece of equipment I would need to do the job. What was the first thing I did when I picked up the object that cost several hundred of dollars?

I broke it.

Ugh.

That is not the way to begin a show. Actually, it's one of the worst ways to start a show.

Luckily, I was able to rig it so it would work, but every time I picked it up, I was worried it would break again. It actually did a few times so I had to keep fixing it. Still, I thought it would be best if I could try and find the piece I broke. I checked out the manufacturer's website and gave them a call. I placed the call on Monday. The next time we did the show was Friday.

On Friday, before I left for work, I checked the mail and there it was. I was so happy because I was able to fix the problem without bugging the show's creator. This weekend, as we did show after show, the piece worked swimmingly.

You maybe thinking about what this particular piece goes to, or what was the piece of equipment that cost hundreds of dollars. And I'm not going to tell you. Telling you would give away something about the show, and that's the last thing I want to do. But I will say, because of my stupid mistake and a company's great customer service, I did a weekend of shows with one less thing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment