Sunday, October 22, 2017

Blowin' In The Wind...


We live in a seasonal climate, which means we have all the seasons, spring, summer, autumn, and winter. We also live in in a desert. Because of ingenious and hard-working settlers (and those who've come after...), irrigation waters our lawns, gardens, and trees. Many of those trees shed their leaves in the fall and the scene is beautiful.

But, there's always a downside. Many of my friends think cold temperatures and snow are the downsides of autumn. For me, the downside of fall is the beauty of the season is fleeting--one big storm can wipe it out.

In fact, last Friday my wife and I were driving around town and I said to her that just as the leaves appear to become their most colorful, a big storm blows in and robs the trees of their leaves.

A few hours after our conversation, it happened.

And I got some videos.


The storm wasn't all that big, but big enough to take down a lot of leaves. The weather is turning, getting colder, and we'll most likely have snow and wind and more wind. But then, the world will be covered with a blanket of virgin snow and the world will be beautiful again. 


I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment