Wednesday, October 4, 2017

It Was "Hat Day" At Work...Who Does That?


This week at work we're having an employee appreciation exercise each day. It's "Employee Appreciation Week," hence the daily exercise.

Today was "Hat Day."

Hat Day. Who does that? We let everyone know they could wear hats at work today. Each division would have a winner picked from those wearing hats. What did the winners win? A big chocolate bar.

I'm not knocking "Hat Day" even though it may sound like I am. It's actually kind of creative. Not everyone wears hats. I think, in the hat-wearing arena, I'm unusual. I have a hat with me at all times. I wear a hat in the winter to keep my head warm, and I wear a hat in the summer to keep my head from getting too warm. And I wear a hat in the spring and fall because I do. Baseball hats are my "hat of choice." I have a couple of berets I wore about a decade ago. They were in fashion at one time, and will, I believe, return to their former glory one day.

In the afternoon Nikki walked around the floor checking the different divisions to distribute chocolate bars to the winners of Hat Day. Everyone in each division who wore a hat received a ticket. The tickets were put in a bowl and a winning ticket drawn. When Nikki came to our part of the floor she asked who had worn hats. I was the sole hatted worker in our division, and therefore, I got a a large chocolate bar to nosh and nibble. Yet another tasty treat to entice.

Tomorrow there'll be a new event to celebrate the workforce. And I'll have to wait until next year to see if wearing a hat results in free chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment