Saturday, October 28, 2017

Who Needs A Cart...When You're Shopping At A Thrift Store?


I picked out the shoes first. I needed shoes that wouldn't slide all over the floor for my upcoming show (it only takes a director to tell you--in the middle of the number, mind you--that you're being singled out for causing traffic problems in a dance number...). I put them on; they felt pretty good so I decided to walk around the thrift store to see how they felt after a few minutes.


From there, with my own shoes in hand, I meandered to the handbag/backpack section. My current backpack is a tad on the small side. I found a nice Ogio bag that was in fantastic condition, so I picked that one up as well. Since I opened up all the backpack pockets to see the overall condition, I decided to just slip my shoes into the backpack.


Fast forward a few minutes and my backpack was full of knick knacks (I swapped my shoes for those I was buying...) and I brought the whole thing to the checkout counter. As I left, I glanced at all those thrift store shopping carts waiting for people to taken then on yet another journey around the building. My shopping adventure didn't require four potentially squeaky wheels that may or may not careen into other shoppers and/or merchandise. All I needed was a slightly-used backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment