Saturday, October 21, 2017

Looks Like The Wall Street Journal Knows What We've Known For A Long Time...


Back when I worked with a computer developer, my friend told me about the Wall Street Journal. Of course, I'd heard of the newspaper (it was only a paper back then, there was no "on-line" anything...). He told me that I could get so much of what was really going on in not only the business world, and in the world in general by just reading the front page of the journal.

It's been almost thirty years since he told me that and I haven't forgotten it. For a while I would read the first page of the journal because the business subscribed. It's been a long time since I picked up the newspaper and read that front page. And, honestly, it's been a long time since I've even checked out the digital version, but I did check it out this past week. It's because they spotlighted a comedy troupe from Utah, BYUtv's Studio C

It's something those of us around here have known about for a long time.

The WSJ article is interesting. It's main point is that the comedians are succeeding even without using vulgarity or off-color jokes to do it, Maybe in their world that is newsworthy. Those of us who seek out and watch "clean" comedy know it can not only be successful, but good, as in quality as well. The article goes on to say even Conan O'Brian has been impressed with what they do.

If you've not heard of Studio C, or if you've followed them for years, check out the article. You can read it by clicking: HERE. Hopefully, because of the Wall Street Journal, more and more people will find out what we've known for a long time, that Studio C is dang funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment