Friday, October 27, 2017

Happy Birthday, Mom...Happy 86th!


Tonight, after doing six shows at Frightmares, I drove my little car into a cemetery and placed a carved pumpkin on an headstone. 

It's something I've done on this day every year.

Of course, sometimes I arrive earlier in the day. This time, I couldn't make it until the day, October 27th, was almost over.


This time I chose a simple design, a ghost forming in the word "BOO." In the past, I've been more creative. But this year, I wanted something different. And I placed one of the rechargeable yard lights that broke inside the pumpkin so that it can shine at night without needing to light a candle.

For as long as I can remember, I've carved a pumpkin for my mother on her birthday. I'm just continuing the tradition. This time, I just barely made it before October 27th became October 28th.

Happy 86th, Mom! Sure wish we could have celebrated together. But, in a way, we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment