Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Evolution Of A Halloween Display...


We all have different cultures. There's cultures we have at home, at church, on our down time, and especially at work. And each of these cultures can be further broken down into sub-cultures. Case in point, the way my co-workers decorate our building at Halloween.

Last year was my first Halloween in this building. I had no idea how these people celebrated the holiday--it never entered my mind, but as October 31st drew near, it became abundantly clear that the sub-Halloween culture here was "go big, or go home." I blogged about last year's decorations and you can visit that site by clicking: HERE.


This year things are a little subdued as compared to last year. Then again, we're fourteen days out until the big day. A year ago, at this time I didn't think things could get much bigger than they were, but as the holiday approached, things got crazier and crazier. And, I was told since I wasn't there, more and more things were added Halloween day.

When people have the opportunity to get creative, it's amazing what they will do. This is just one section of the building. Everything that's been made and put up was done on their own time--either on breaks or before/after work.

I won't show my Halloween display--it's not very impressive. And our section of the building doesn't go all out as others do. Still, I'm glad others do. It makes for awesome things to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment