Monday, January 29, 2018

Posing With Plastic...


There's an office in the valley that houses a lot of amazing things. It's the headquarters for the FanX Comic Convention. There's posters on the walls and various statues. I've taken pictures with some in the past--Han Solo encased in carbonite, Gollum, or if you prefer Smeagol. The last time I was there, they had a few new ones I hadn't seen before.

I just had to take some selfies.


I am not a selfie person. As you can tell from these shots, I don't do them well. As a photographer, composition and set-up are important, so are lighting and expression. I can look at each of the four and find faults. We all know people who take and post a lot of selfies. And most of the time, they do a good job with their shots. Maybe practice makes perfect. Then again, maybe they're just better subjects to look at.


The question is, should I take more selfies, or just get by with the ones I do take? Personally, I'd prefer the latter. After all, these pictures give you a sense of what I was trying to do, have a little fun showing off the awesomeness of their office.

No comments:

Post a Comment