Thursday, January 4, 2018

Hey Subway...What Happened To My Frickin' Daily Special?


I'm not one who likes to complain, and truth be told, I'm not really complaining right now, but something happened to me today and got me wondering.

Why the change?

Why, after months (possibly years...) did the particular Subway Restaurant closest to my work location remove their time-tested Monday through Friday sandwich specials? Why? It's not everyday I walk the one and one-half blocks each way along North Temple for a six-inch sandwich special. I usually bring leftovers, but every now and again--usually Thursdays--I decide to get out of the office and spend time with the outside world. Thursdays had a sandwich I enjoyed, the Cold Cut Combo.

The best thing about the specials was that for $3.50, I could get half a sandwich. Some might think that's not enough food, and they would be right. Unless, you do what I do. When they ask (and they always do at Subway...), "What do you want on your sandwich?"

I say (and I always do...), "Everything." My secret is to have them load it up with all the fixins. That way, I get a stuffed meal at a lower price. I guess of the New Years resolutions at the Subway Restaurant closest to my work location was to change things up a bit.

Like I said, I don't like to complain. I scanned the new menu, something I never had to do before, and found a delicious substitute, Black Forest Ham. Of course, the answer to my question of what happened to my daily special is no big mystery...just something Bob Dylan sang about, "These times (and sandwich shops...), they are a-changin..."

1 comment:

  1. Sorry they took away your special, Scott. Sometimes change is good, but sometime it's not!

    ReplyDelete