Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Checking Out Moochie's...Good Food!


We finished our staff meeting at noon (I thought it might go longer...) and members of my team found ourselves standing in the parking lot wondering where we'd go for lunch.

"How 'bout we eat at Moochie's?" someone said.

I'd never heard of Moochie's, but I've found that when someone recommends something or someplace, it's usually a good thing. And when other people chimed in and agreed they'd like to go there, too, I was in.

We arrived just after noon. Usually, that's the worst time to go someplace to eat because of the crowds. Turns out at this particular location of Moochie's, crowds slowed things down not a bit.

"I've never been here," I told the youngish worker. She smiled and said, "Well, our Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich is a big hit."


"Then I'll take it!" Of course, I did not yell that, but I did say it enthusiastically. I got fries and a drink to make it a meal, and before my cup almost ranneth over, they called me name--my sandwich was ready. I give them an A+ for punctual service. 

I noticed when I picked up my food they had several bottles of condiments. I chose the "Jumpin' Jalapeno Sauce" and their special brand of fry sauce. How was the sandwich? Pretty good. I'm no expert in Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, so I can't say if it is better/worse than most. What I can say is I enjoyed it very much. My sandwich came with all the fixins and it was good. It's a meal I could and would order again, if given the chance.

There are four Moochie's restaurant in Utah, three in the Greater Salt Lake area, and one in Utah County. None are close to where I work, where I spend most of my time while in Salt Lake City. That's probably a good thing--best not to eat at a place like this too much. However, if I find myself with a group of people (or even by myself...) and the question of "where should we/I eat?" comes up, there's a good chance I'll suggest, "Moochie's."

No comments:

Post a Comment