Monday, December 3, 2018

A Tale Of Two Dance Performances...


Last weekend I went with my daughter to a dance performance at Brigham Young University. My daughter needs to attend several dance performances and report on them for her dance class. Others have attended different performances with her. Friday night was my turn.

For some reason, I didn't expect BYU's performance to be so well-attended. The place was packed, and for good reason. Their show was amazing. It was a showcase of different cultures and how they express themselves through dance. 


A few weeks ago my wife and I attended a modern dance performance at Weber State University, a show in which my daughter was a participant. The two performances shared a couple of things. They were both dance-centric, and both were put on by universities. Other than that, there were a lot of differences. 

BYU's dance program is HUGE! My daughter and I were discussing the show at intermission. She said there were over two-hundred dancers in then BYU show. She didn't think Weber State didn't have even one-hundred dancers in their entire school. BYU's program was mostly folk dancing and some amazing tap numbers. Weber State's was modern.

Had my daughter not decided to attend college and taken dance classes, I would not have experienced these events. I'm glad she did and I'm glad I got to go see these talented dancers, musicians, and performers. It's been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment