Monday, December 10, 2018

Checking Out The Pipe Organ At The Bountiful Community Church...


Tonight I attended a Christmas concert of sorts. A co-op group in Bountiful held a night of music. The performers were mostly children, but some of the parents showcased their talents, too. After the program ended, my son and I walked upstairs to the balcony, and in the balcony was an authentic pipe organ.


It was so cool!

Most of the performance in which I've sung were held in churches. I've sang in churches in America and Europe. I've also performed in both Tabernacles on Temple Square in Salt Lake City, the old and the new. The pipe organs in those buildings are impressive. The pipe organ at the Bountiful Community Church was not as big, but it was interesting to see the workings close-up.


The staircase that led to the balcony was in the back of the room. They led to the back of the organ where all the workings were visible. Unfortunately, there wasn't much light so I wasn't able to get a good picture.

I snapped a few more pictures of the space. Unfortunately, the organ was not used in the program. It would have been fun to hear it being played. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment