Friday, December 7, 2018

Modern-Day Miracles Are All Around Us...Even In Appliances


I saw an advertisement months ago for a new car--I can't remember the brand. The set-up was this: you get people to ride around in a new car and record them gushing about how wonderful it is.

Pretty effective, right?

Of course, we're not going to be buying a new car anytime soon, but I thought about how I would react if it were me in that new car. I know I'd do the same exact thing. I'd react that way because the car would be so much more advanced than anything I'm used to. Even a car that's ten years newer than my car (say, something built in 2014...) would have options and features much more impressive.

That's why I've got to mention one incredible feature on our new dishwasher--the bottle-washing jets.

They're awesome!!

My wife makes kombucha at home. It's a simple process, but the biggest pain for us was washing the bottles we re-use each time. We had to hand wash them which seemed to take forever. I looked into buying something that might save us some time. There were things we could attach to our sink faucet, but we don't have the right kind of faucet, so those wouldn't work. When our old dishwasher died, my wife went shopping. When the salesperson mentioned the bottle jets, that's all he needed to say. He made the sale.

We've had everything in place for a few weeks and used the jets several times. It has literally saved us hours. I'm not sure, but had we known about that particular feature, we might have swapped out the working dishwasher we had years ago. I guess things are especially impressive when you're not used to the new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment