Monday, December 24, 2018

A Few Things I Saw...Christmas Eve...2018


I've explained before that when you write a daily blog, you have to think ahead and "store up" ideas that are somewhat interesting. Christmas is a fantastic time to generate blog post ideas. I have several I could write about for today's post (which I'm sure you'll see in the coming days...), but I decided to share some of the things I saw this Christmas Eve, 2018.


First off, it was a wonderful day! I spent time with family (and those at the grocery store...). What could be better than that? I began the day by getting up and walking to work. It's easy when you work in the basement of your house. As I walked I glanced across the street and saw the home where I lived for almost three decades. Even though I see the house everyday, it's not everyday I'm triggered by memories, but it happened this morning. Each year the new owners wisely place their Christmas tree in the same spot as we did, all those many years.


A tradition in our neighborhood (and many others, I'm sure...) is sending yummy treats to those who live close by. This was from our wonderful neighbors to the east, who also have a couple of dogs that have become friends to our puppy.


 I had planned on working the entire day, but the big boss closed all state offices at noon so once 12 o'clock hit I was done. I did snap a picture of two with a Beanie Baby Santa. I see only a slight resemblance.


Of course, the season would not be complete without watching It's a Wonderful Life, again, memories of doing a live stage version two years ago came flooding back. What a wonderful story!


And as watching George Bailey overcome his demons is tradition, so it seems is visiting the local grocery store. We needed rolls.


On the way to the store, I passed yet another lighted home. This one's special for not only does it have colorful twinkling lights, it's the only time I've seen Cthulhu used as a Christmas decoration. Personally, it's something I'd like to see more.



Why was I sent to fetch rolls? For the family party, of course! I have two siblings and thankfully, they were able to come and bring some of their family along for soup, treats, and visiting with each other. It's not every year we are able to get together, but we did this year and it was fun.


Once the family left, those who call our address home opened our presents of pajamas, dimmed the lights, fired up the DVD player, dusted off Muppets Christmas Carol and watched another Jule classic.


The kids--and animals--are headed off to bed. Yes, there's only one more sleep til Christmas. May you and yours have a wonderful day full of love and friendship. God bless us everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment