Wednesday, December 12, 2018

When Buff The Dog Came To Visit...


I saw the little dog wander into our yard. I didn't recognize him--there's a lot of dogs in our neighborhood. I called to him to see if he'd come to me and he seemed disinterested. It was about 5pm and the sun was setting.

It was going to get cold soon.

I finally got the little guy to come over to me and I noticed a dog tag with his name and phone number on one side and an address on the other. I didn't recognize the dog, his name--Buff--or the address. I went inside the house and told them about our little visitor. I had my son look up where the dog came from and if they'd seen the dog before. They'd never seen Buff before, either.

We decided I should try and contact the owner.

When I went outside, our cat sat at the bottom of the stairs and the dog was gone.

I looked around--no dog. I started down the street and didn't see him. My neighbor was outside so I asked her. She said she saw the dog pass by her a few minutes before. I got to the end of the road and turned right. He wasn't there. I started to go left and that's when I spotted him--a cute little dog named Buff.

I called the owner. She was surprised--as were we--how far he had gone. It was more than a mile away. My son and I loaded him up in my car and we took him home. On the phone the owner said the dog would probably find his way home on his own, but we didn't think that was the best idea. It was getting dark and it would have gotten cold. The last thing I wanted was a little dog lost and cold and unable to get home.

It felt good to do that simple deed. I hope if one of our pets were in the same situation, someone would bring them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment