Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I Wonder...Just How Cold Is It Going To Get?


I got the news last summer--my employer allowed me to work from home. The only space available in our house was the unfinished basement. An unfinished basement is wonderful in the summer--it's cool down there so you don't have to be close to an air conditioner vent.

We anticipated it getting cooler and cooler as autumn approached and the temperatures dropped outside. We bought a space heater and I didn't really need to turn it on until last month. When I worked in an office, the building's temperature controls had a tough time adjusting from spring to summer and from summer to fall. Because of that, I bought a little thermometer to see just how cold it got.

I brought the thermometer home with me.

It's on my desk and I check it often to see just how cold it is.

This morning, it registered around 54º. The heater I use works well so my work space warmed up quickly. I had no complaints. But something happened today. It seemed when I got just outside of my work space, it felt cold, colder than it normally felt.

When I checked the temperature again in the afternoon the thermometer showed 63º--it usually warms up to 70º. It was cold today. We usually don't get this cold until January, so it's nice to know my little heater can do it's job.

It's a year of firsts. I experienced my first winter storm where I didn't have to drive to work. I'm going through my first winter working at home. In a few months spring will arrive and we'll see how that goes. Then, later, I'll know how work will be in the basement once summer rolls around.

Telecommuting--so far, so good (even if it's a little cold...).

No comments:

Post a Comment