Saturday, February 16, 2019

LTUE 2019...Has Come And Gone


The rooms are cleared, the chairs are stacked, the volunteers have all gone home. The evening brings the closure of another LTUE convention. The organizers invited me to participate this year and I had an amazing time participating on panels, hanging out in the vendor room, getting to know authors and convention goers alike.

I had been blogging a couple of years when I when to my first LTUE event. I'm sure I took more pictures back then than I did this weekend. I took next to none. Anyone who knows me knows that's unusual. I think I was more focused on the panels and making sure I didn't embarrass myself. I don't believe I did. In fact, the panels I attended--the ones I was on--were amazing! We discussed science fiction on the modern stage, the film adaptations of Philip K. Dick, and the incredible world of steampunk. I strengthened existing friendships and met people I hadn't known before. 

It's always bittersweet when these things end. I only attended two out of the three days, but the conventions wear me out. I am getting older.

I did leave today with a renewed desire to write. I've let thing slip as of late, but I really want--and need--to dig into some of my unfinished projects, dust them off, and get to work. Any time you leave a writing conference excited about writing, that's a successful conference.

LTUE 2019 edition was wonderful. Now, we see what lasting effects it brings. Thank you Immortal Works for letting me hang out. Thank you to my brother's family for letting me crash at their place. Everyone at LTUE--drive safe and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment