Saturday, February 2, 2019

Yesterday...I Wore Red


Yesterday, I wore red. Personally, I think red is in the top two of the best colors. To me, red is the color of life. I've got a couple of red shirts--yesterday, I chose my TriUtah shirt, even though I'm no longer associated with that particular organization.

I chose the shirt and wore that shirt yesterday because I wanted to show some support for the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Day, a day set aside to bring awareness to women's heart issues by having as many people as possible to wear red-colored clothing.

As with most awareness days, wearing red is the very least a person can do to support the cause (well, not the very least--a person could wear no red, or even worse, wear blue...). I could have donated time or money for the cause. I could have done more, even told others why I was wearing red. But no, all I did was wear a shirt of red.

On social media many people posted pictures of themselves wearing red and wearing smiles. See--wearing red makes people happy. More people should wear red. I think the whole world would be a better place if more people just wore red. And not just on Go Red for Women Day, either. Ah, red...it's in the top two of the best colors, and a fantastic color choice to show support of a great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment