Monday, February 11, 2019

Resetting A Password...Vicious Circle


I thought it would be an easy thing to do--you know, you forget your password, a couple of clicks later, you're in. I noticed one of my e-mails was down and I needed to reset the password.

Not so fast.

I tried a couple of passwords I've used in the past--no luck. No problem, I thought. I'll just reset the password from the website. I went to the site and followed the instructions.

1: enter your e-mail address

Done

2: enter your password or click the FORGOT PASSWORD

Done


Then I get the following message:

Please check your email.
We sent an email to ____________, which contains a link to reset your password.

One little problem.

I CAN'T GET INTO MY EMAIL!

Seems I've stumbled upon a Catch-22 situation. Thankfully, my friend is going to help me get into my email so I can reset the password. Of course, once I'm in I'll have no need to reset it. Such is life and the complicated world of technology!


No comments:

Post a Comment