Friday, September 24, 2021

Author Signings...It's Been A Long Time


 Amidst the chaos of FanX, the comic convention held in Salt Lake, I had the opportunity to participate in a book signing. Me and several others were at the Immortal Works Publishing booth on Saturday, the last day of the con. Those running the booth allowed me to participate.

Boy--it brought back memories.

Back when FanX began in 2013 (it was known as Salt Lake Comic Con at that time...), my number one goal was to get books in which I was an author into the hands of as many people as possible. I participated on panels and at the end of those panels, I would tell people where they could find me at whatever booth allowed me to try and sell my books.

Times have changed.

Since 2013 I've taken more of an administrative roll in the convention. Trying to sell my books has taken a back seat, or no seat at all. I brought my my box of books to the convention, but I didn't even get them out of the car.

But, last Saturday, I had the opportunity to try and talk to people and to see if they wanted to read my book. I forgot how difficult it can be at times. I kept looking for families with younger kids who might want to be more interested in books than video games or trying to look like their favorite superhero. Needless to say, I didn't spot a lot of potential buyers.

Even tough hawking books is tough, I enjoyed it. I've missed it, to be honest. 

Of course, some things haven't changed. I didn't sell or sign a single book.

Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment