Wednesday, September 15, 2021

There's Been Many BBQ Sauce Battles...I Lost This One Big Time


 Yes, there have been many battles featuring barbecue sauces, battles to find the most superior sauce, the richest, the most savory, the best barbecue sauce ever.

The battle I waged--and lost--was like none of those. No...I was beat by a BBQ sauce packet.

I was minding my own business, walking to our van after a long weekend of entertaining Frightmares patrons. It had been a long week and weekend and I was looking forward to getting home to enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

Because we arrived to the amusement park late, we had to park far away from the entrance, which meant I had to walk a distance to get to the van. That's when I heard a pop as I took a step and felt something hit my wrist. I wasn't sure what I had stepped on--thought it was a small plastic bag. It wasn't until I saw my wrist that I realized something was amiss.

If only the small spot of BBQ sauce on my wrist was all the damage done.

Nope.

When I looked down at my shorts and saw barbecue sauce splattered across the front of me. Trust me--be glad I only took a picture of the sauce on my shoe. It was not a pretty sight. I got to the van and thankfully we had some Kleenex tissues and bottled water I used to do a little cleaning. During the long drive home, the smell of BBQ sauce lingered in the van.

Yes, there have been many battles featuring barbecue sauces. I lost this one before I even knew what was going on...never had a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment