Monday, September 27, 2021

What You Don't See...A Simple Box


 A few decades ago we decided to take a more active role in our children's education. We chose to homeschool them. When you make that kind of decision, there's so many things that will literally change not only your life, but your kids's lives as well.

Like...helping out with homework.

Of course, all schoolwork is technically "homework" when you homeschool. Three of our four children have completed their home school experience and graduated. Our daughter is in college and she had a project that needed doing and she needed help finishing that project.

A simple box.

In no way do I doubt my daughter's abilities. She could have put the thing together herself and it would have most likely turned out better than the one we both worked on, but she asked me for help and I was glad to offer assistance. 

Now, admittedly, the final project is not spectacular. It didn't need to be. It's meant to be a mold for a sculpturing project. It served the purpose. And if anyone were to see our simple box, they'd see the imperfections, the poor choice of products used, the less-than-optimum screws used. But, when I see it, I see doing something fun with and for my daughter...helping her with her homework.





No comments:

Post a Comment