Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Blue Sky...Finally


 I call Utah home. I've lived here all but three years of my almost fifty-six years. Utah has amazing seasons--like my father-in-law who passed away three years ago used to say, that about the time you get sick of the heat, things start to cool down--about the time you get sick of the cold, things start to warm up.

I've experienced many many Utah summers. I know that because of the topography of our area, we have times of the year when bad air is trapped within the mountain tops.

This summer, though...

It's been terrible.

We also get smoke from fires in the west. That happens every year. A few years ago we traveled to Seattle to attend a wedding. There were terrible fires that season and the smoke was do bad on that drive we could barely see fifty feet ahead in some places as we drove. Still, I don't remember the air being that bad that summer in Utah.

We had smokey skies for months this year. A few days ago, I went into our back yard and looked up. I saw blue, beautiful blue with wispy white clouds like some delicious blueberry revel ice cream. Funny, how we take for granted things until they're gone. As I understand it, the fire season's not over and the smoke could return, but as long as we have a break in the smoke, I'm going to appreciate it.

Beautiful blue sky...finally.



No comments:

Post a Comment