Wednesday, September 22, 2021

It's Been A Great Twenty-Nine Years...And The Best Is Yet To Come!


 A few weeks ago I spotted a tweet reminding me to watch the season premiere of ABC's The Goldbergs. It caught my attention because the premiere was to air on September, 22, 2021...our wedding anniversary.

When things happen on your anniversary, you notice...

Or should.

Because I had to work today, my wife and I spent our non-work, non-homeschool time running errands for the kids and each other. We also picked up dinner for us and the kids.

No, we did not fly to some far-off location and have dinner under a famous landmark. No, we did not book a cruise or spend the day at a swanky hotel somewhere far away from our troubles (of course, paying for such extravagant trips would usher in new troubles...). We drove around Logan, Utah in search of license plates, ear buds, vitamins, and food.

It wasn't flashy, but in many ways, it was a perfect setting for us...just a simple outing with my favorite person in the whole world. I do love her so and I can't imagine life without her.

After dinner and the kids going their separate ways, we watched The Goldbergs, a personal favorite. It was a tribute to an amazing actor by those who worked with him and obviously loved him. Thanks to their show, we saw his talents showcased--it was a beautiful and hilarious episode. It was indeed a great way to help celebrate our anniversary.

Wendi McLendon-Covey agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment